Customer Service Associate
Batavia, NY | USA
We are looking for a disciplined and dedicated individual with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality to expand our Customer Service team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a strong team, and a fast-growing business. Strong customer service, data entry, analytic, and interpersonal skills are required. Ability to quickly integrate and work within a small team is essential. Generous vacation benefits – 5 weeks PTO, health benefits, and 401k match. Occasional domestic & international overnight travel is required.
This position reports to the Operations Manager, North America, and is based in the Batavia, NY office.
- Receiving purchase orders from customers & processing orders into ERP system
- Confirming orders with internal production & scheduling team
- Confirming orders and production dates back with customers
- Proactive communication with customers regarding any changes to their orders
- Assist Sales Managers with gathering & maintaining customer forecasts
- Providing customers with an overview of upcoming orders and providing guidance during peak demand periods
- Filing & organization of documents
- Sending final invoices to customers
- Working together with our Customer Service team to deliver appropriate documents/licenses
- Working closely with Finance team to monitor customer credit limits and terms
- Assisting Sales team in account management of customers
- Great customer service & interpersonal skills
- Self-starting / high energy individual
- Approaches work with a sense of urgency
- Enthusiastic attitude – Team player
- Conceptual thinker
- Great communication skills
- Strong analytical skills including use of Excel
- Likes to work in a small team where he/she can have big impact
- Associates Degree preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision
This is a full-time salaried position. Expected days and hours of work are Monday thru Friday, 8am to 5pm. Flexible work schedules are permitted as needed and opportunities to work remotely are encouraged within reason.
This position works in an office setting. Strict adherence to corporate policies, safety guidelines, rules and regulations is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Required to stand, walk, or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to perform light physical work, exerting up to 30 pounds of force on a frequent basis and up to 50 pounds of force on an occasional basis, performing such activities as grasping, lifting, reaching, and repetitive tasks
- Regularly required to use a computer and phone
This position will require infrequent travel (Domestic & International).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice (for example, emergencies (natural or other), changes in personnel, workload or technical development).
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Ready to join our team?
Email your resume at email@example.com